Submission of Abstracts
Welcome to the abstract submission for the Virtual CVOT Summit 2023 on 30 November – 01 December. Please read these submission guidelines carefully.
Prior to your abstract submission, please do not forget to register free of charge!
The abstract should be submitted as follows:
- The title should be concise (maximum 160 characters).
- Please submit your name and the names of all co-authors.
- The abstract must be structured. Kindly start each section with the following sub-headings in bold: Background and Aims − Materials and Methods − Results − Conclusion. One or two sentences should describe the methods, and any aspects of methodology (e.g. use of control groups, randomization, patient selection, assay variation). The results section has to include hard data and statistical analysis.
- References are not allowed.
- For drugs, exclusively generic names should be used (no trademarks).
- Please enter grant/support information into a separate box.
Please use the subsequent contact form to submit your abstract.
Authors should not submit work that they know is likely to be published (in a peer-reviewed journal) before the meeting. However, abstracts that have been presented in recent months at local or national meetings will be accepted. The abstract submission deadline is 22 September 2023.
From all submitted abstracts, the Executive Committee of the CVOT Summit 2023 will select some to be presented as an e-Poster in a virtual library and others as a virtual oral presentation during the Summit. All accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal “Diabetes, Metabolism and the Heart”. In addition, the best 3 contributions will be awarded.
Correspondence regarding the handling of each abstract will be ONLY with the presenting author (i.e. first named author’s contact e-mail provided during the submission process). Thus, the presenting author’s e-mail address is of utmost importance!