Submission of Abstracts
Welcome to the abstract submission for the Virtual CVOT Summit 2021 on 18 – 19 November. Please read these submission guidelines carefully.
The abstract submission deadline has been extended until 30 September 2021. So, do take this last opportunity to present your latest research to our international audience of specialists.
Prior to your abstract submission, please do not forget to register free of charge!
All e-Poster will be presented in a virtual library. From all e-Posters, the Executive Committee will select abstracts for virtual oral presentation (5 minutes for presentation, joint discussion of all selected presenters). In addition, the best 3 contributions will be awarded.
Authors should not submit work that they know is likely to be published (in a peer-reviewed journal) before the meeting. However, abstracts that have been presented in recent months at local or national meetings will be accepted.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal “Diabetes, Metabolism and the Heart”.
Correspondence regarding the handling of each abstract will be ONLY with the presenting author (i.e. first named author’s contact e-mail provided during the submission process). Thus, the presenting author’s e-mail address is of utmost importance!
The abstract should be submitted as follows:
- The title should be concise (maximum 160 characters).
- Please submit your name and the names of all co-authors.
- The abstract must be structured. Kindly start each section with the following sub-headings in bold: Background and Aims − Materials and Methods − Results − Conclusion. One or two sentences should describe the methods, and any aspects of methodology (e.g. use of control groups, randomization, patient selection, assay variation). The results section has to include hard data and statistical analysis.
- References are not allowed.
- For drugs, exclusively generic names should be used (no trademarks).
- Please enter grant/support information into a separate box.
Please use the subsequent contact form to submit your abstract.